Frequently Asked Questions About Live Answering Services
1. Can I forward my existing business phone number to Direct Line or do I have to use the new phone number that Direct Line provides?
You may forward one or multiple existing business numbers to your assigned Direct Line phone number. You may manually set the call forwarding daily or you may contact your phone company to have them automatically set up the call forwarding during certain days of the week and times of the day. If you would like us to answer overflow of calls during business hours you may contact your phone company to have them set up the phones to forward to Direct Line after a certain number of rings.
2. Do I have to sign a long-term contract?
Our minimum service period is two (2) months. Then you’re invoiced on a month to month basis after that. For clients with extra large call volume resulting in the need for us to hire and train additional Call Agents, we may require an extended contract period of at least six (6) months.
3. How long will it take to get service set up?
It typically takes about three (3) business days to complete you account set-up. After that, you are ready to go live with your service.
4. Will I be able to advertise my assigned phone number directly to my clients and prospects?
If you do not currently have your own phone number to forward to us we will assign you with a dedicated phone number which you may advertise. It is important to note, that should you ever decide that you no longer need our services; your assigned phone number will be deactivated and unavailable for use.
5. We like the appearance of an on-site receptionist. Can you route our calls to the correct people in our office?
Yes. We can route your calls to any designated individual or group list.
6. Do you charge extra fees for holidays and weekend service?
No. There are no extra fees for any services during any holidays or weekends. We are here for you 24/7/365.
7. What is Secure Interactive Messaging?
Secure Interactive Messaging replaces the traditional pager so you can carry one less device. Secure Interactive Messaging is a type of messaging service that keeps information private through a secure messaging platform. Direct Line’s SIM program is ideal for organizations where HIPAA compliance is a necessity or where sensitive data must be delivered in a secure manner to mobile devices.
Eight Great Reasons to use our SIM Services:
- Ability for a recipient to reply to a message with an encrypted/secure response
- Ability to designate “High Priority” messages, displaying them at the top of the message list and also to organize by subject
- Repeated alerts to the recipient’s mobile device to ensure prompt message receipt
- Encrypted/secure “message delivery” and “Message Read” receipts, verifying receipt of the message by the recipient and verifying when the message is opened
- Ability to send secure/encrypted messages to mobile devices
- Ability to send large amounts of data/information instantly
- Provides an auditing and reporting trail of all messages with all message events
- Can be used over Wi-Fi, not just limited to the use of cellular or telephone signal. Operates inside buildings, where sometimes wireless telephone/pager service can fail.
8. What does HIPAA Compliant mean?
HIPAA Compliance means that Medical Professionals, Medical Service providers and Healthcare facilities are federally mandated to have a secure interactive messaging service that is HIPAA certified to ensure all information is transmitted in a secure manner.
HIPAA stands for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act was enacted in 1996 and it regulates the interchange of private patient data to help prevent unlawful disclosure or release of their medical information.
Click here to read about our commitment to HIPAA Compliance.
9. What are my message delivery options?
You will be able to retrieve your messages either by, Text, Email, Fax, Phone or Voicemail. In addition, you may retrieve your messages via your free client web portal.
10. Who do I call if I have any questions regarding my account?
You will have a dedicated Account Manager who will be able to assist you in answering any questions, inquiries or changes for your account.
11. How much does the service cost?
Services vary depending on your needs. Please fill out the form on the CONTACT US page and our Communications Consultant will return your call to learn more about your communication needs.
12. Do I have to sign a long-term contract?
Our minimum service period is two (2) months. Then you’re invoiced on a month to month after that. For clients who have extra large volume which may require us to hire and train additional staff we require a 12 month contract.
13. How can I pay my bill?
You may pay your bill using Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Cash, Check or ACH transfer.
14. What CRM programs can you integrate with?
We integrate primarily with Salesforce and SugarCRM, however, we can integrate with any CRM program as long as there reciprocal programming.
15. In case of a disaster, do you have a Business Continuity Plan in place to ensure my business is not affected?
Yes, in fact our Business Continuity Plan is known industry wide for its effectiveness. Please see the ABOUT US for a detailed outline.