Are Your Messages and Texts Secure and HIPAA Compliant?
Direct Line has the solutions for HIPAA compliant medical answering services. Our staff of professionally trained Live Virtual Receptionists will gather incoming information accurately, quickly and confidentially, in accordance with your specific instructions. Our world class secure technology automatically identifies which instructions to follow, whether it is for a consultation, new patient/referral intake, insurance inquiry, urgent need or a request for a specific service you provide.
The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act) went into effect in February of 2009 with the intent of protecting the privacy and security of health care patients. This Act works in collaboration with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996, creating a set of regulatory obligations to meet by Medical Professionals, HealthCare facilities and providers of health care services.
Chances are, if you run a clinic or other medical/diagnostic facilities, you need to outsource some of your communications to ensure patients receive adequate care. Choosing an Answering Service provider who understands your obligations under HIPAAand the HITECH is a priority, and that failure to protect privacy and security of health information could result in substantial penalties is critical.
Direct Line Tele Response introduces their own Secure Interactive Messaging Platform
SIM allows you to receive critical information via a secure application. The “one click” check-in allows your staff to acknowledge receipt without having to speak to a Call Agent. This will save you time, money and improves response time to patients and clients.
Your Medical Answering service is considered a business associate by Federal Government regulations therefore; you MUST be 100% positive that your messaging firm provides HIPAA Compliant Secure Medical Answering Services. Here at Direct Line, fulfill your patient contact requirements while simultaneously protecting all Personal Health Information (PHI) that is stored and transmitted.
Eight Great Reasons to use Direct Line’s SIM services:
- Ability for a recipient to reply to a message with an encrypted/secure response
- Ability to designate “High Priority” messages, displaying them at the top of the message list and also to organize by subject
- Repeated alerts to the recipient’s mobile device to ensure prompt message receipt
- Encrypted/secure “message delivery” and “Message Read” receipts, verifying receipt of the message by the recipient and verifying when the message is opened
- Ability to send secure/encrypted messages to mobile devices (better than text)
- Ability to send large amounts of data/information instantly
- Provides an auditing and reporting trail of all messages with all message events
- Can be used over Wi-Fi, not just limited to the use of cellular or telephone signal. Operates inside buildings, where sometimes wireless telephone/pager service can fail.
Direct Line’s Secure Interactive Messaging (SIM) program is our prescription for your communication compliance needs. Our SIM program is extremely safe and secure, and is the premier tool to replace old paging systems.
Using this new and exciting technology we can protect your patients’ confidentiality and sensitive medical questions while giving you the freedom to consolidate your devices. Trust that Direct Line will assist you in providing excellent value to your patients and to help your medical office operate smoothly.
Contact us now to schedule a free demonstration: 888-365-2424